Marathon runners will need to cover the first half of the course in 4 hours to be allowed to continue on.
The course closes at 4pm. This allows 8 hours on the course for the bulk of the field.
Runners finishing the Marathon Course in 7 hours or less can count the run as a qualifier for 6ft track. Check out the previous results HERE
Half Marathon Runners need to be finished by 3pm. This allows 7 hours on the course making the event an ideal first trail run for new runners. Check out the previous results HERE
- The course is to be run in the order in which it is advertised.
- Any changes to the course before the start of the event need to be adhered to.
- Runners who mis-run the course or mis run the order of the course or make any deviation will not be considered for prizes. If you make a mistake ont he course – you need to return to the place you left the course on foot and then resume along the proper and correct route.
- Mountain Sports is very strict about the “Leave no trace” policy. Please bring all rubbish you take out on the course with you. People seen littering, impact our natural environment, jeopardise the future of the event and will be removed from the event.
- All runners must start at the correct time with the correct field of runners to be considered for prizes. Runners starting late will be credited with a time but not a finish place. No runners will be allowed to start once 20 minutes has elapsed in race time.
- Mandatory gear is … Mandatory! no exceptions. Not even if you know us! You must carry the mandatory gear for the entirety of the event. Come prepared to take either the fine weather gear or the bad weather gear. The weather can quickly change and the mandatory gear is the minimum we ask you to be prepared with. Always consider your own personal needs and pack extra if necessary.
- Gear Checks will be done.
- Gear Dumping – anyone caught dumping gear will be disqualified from the event. Gear Dumping is not tolerated.
- Walking in the Glow Worm Tunnel. The Glow Worm Tunnel is a special place and to be allowed to host an event in the area – we put strict rules on this section of the course. ALL runners MUST WALK through the tunnel. If you feel compelled to run it – please think again – consider why you are there and why you run trails. Competition is great but if you run through the tunnel you are cheating and it will not be tolerated. A 30minute penalty will be given by marshalls for running through the tunnel.
- Trail eitquette is paramount in this event. – 1) Keep to your left, 2) Downhill runners give way to uphill runners.
- Pacers are not allowed.
- Aid on the course – aid is only at designated aid stations. Runners are not permitted to stash any items on the course.
- Compulsory Muster – Each Race starts with a muster, you must be at the event hub for the muster. The muster is 10 minutes prior to race start. This is where we will speak to any last minute changes or notifications. You must be here for this muster – No Muster – No start!
- Timing is electronic – it is your responsibility to secure the chip properly and to ensure you step ON the timing mats to trigger your timing chip. Lost timing chips cost $20 to replace. Upon entering this event you agree that if you loose your timing chip you will reimburse the timing team for the chip.
- Ipods and Headphones are banned in this event.
- Walking Poles are not allowed unless due to a medical condition and approval from the RD prior to the Race start.
- If you step off the trail for any reason – please leave your pack or bottle on the track side where you stepped off. It will help us to find you if you get lost!